Thursday, July 2, 2009

weekend reunion

  We had a great weekend, my brother Chad, his wife Stef, and his two daughters, Lauren and Danielle came over.  Joining them was my sister Jodi and her daughter Karli and last but not least my mom and step dad Ron.  The weekend started with food, and then swimming.
We moved inside for if Chad was telling the story forever as we opened gifts for Lily.  Truth be told Chad was just ready to dig into the cake and I must say it was very good cake.  We got some toys that made noise....thanks mom!  And some really cool stuff.  
Back outside for some tennis and swimming, I have to say I think Ron and I got the best of Chad and mom before we went in to clean up for dinner.
While we played tennis Kim took the girl shopping at the mall where many "bargains" were found.
Chad grilled up some great pork chops that Stef had wrapped in bacon.  My mom had brought some sweet corn which was excellent and there was plenty more food, no one went hungry and in fact I have been eating left overs all week long.
Next was out to the pool for a movie which proved to be more exciting then planned as a bat started dive bombing at people in chairs.  It really added to a memorable day.

No comments: