Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Summer Vacation - Week 8 - Bucharest

Wow.  Bucharest really was an amazing place but unfortunately I didn't get the best pictures after having some technical difficulties.  I can tell you that it is one of those cities where I felt so comfortable that I could live there.  Many people used to call Bucharest "little Paris".  Looking around at the majority of the architecture, you can completely tell why.  There are some big beautiful parks and old Parisian style architecture all around.  Then the country was communist for 40+ years and crap the architecture really changed.  Romania was actually communist until 1989, but so much has changed since then.  Most young people are all learning English, are very progressive and frankly are all so nice and helpful.  Everywhere we went we felt safe & welcome.  Even street parking our car was safe.  I look forward to a return trip to Bucharest sometime.





 Lily having the best hot chocolate ever 


No comments: