Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Beach time with friends (yes again)

We are so lucky to have friends to join us for another fun weekend at the beach.  Because our friends are from Spain we also benefit from getting some fantastic authentic Spanish food as well.  This weekend we had a typical fisherman's meal complete with little noodles, clams, calamari and a fantastic aoili sauce.  Wow.  Then for dessert we had some lemon alcohol concoction that was amazing.  For lunch we enjoyed homemade croquettas and a spanish omlette.  Let me just say now that I was not excited about the omlette until I tasted it.  Wow was it ever amazing.

While the food was wonderful, the company was equally amazing.  We had playing at the State Park by the beach.  And of course we hit the pool both Saturday & Sunday.  Oh, and finally.... I got to watch a movie.  Of course we had to split it between two nights, but what the heck... I still got to finish it.

Here are some great pictures of our wonderful weekend:

Lily loves to pick flowers

She also loves her friend Lluc a ton



This is Lluc, his 8 month old sister Marina & Lily (funny that Lily never asks for a brother or sister... I think she must like being an only child)

This was our wonderful fisherman's meal with clams & squid and tiny little spaghetti noodles.  It was to die for.  This is the second weekend in a row that we used homemade fish stock.  Yes, we made our own with fish heads and such.  It stunk the house up but made some amazing Spanish dishes.  I can also now say I am the proud owner of my own paella pan.

No comments: