Monday, April 4, 2011

Cherry Blossom Time in D.C.

I'm not doing a great job of keeping up with posting, but rest assured we are having a great time in D.C. even if I haven't made time to document it. This last weekend we took Lily to a Cherry Blossom Festival in downtown Silver Spring (our new home after the house is built). A nice guy took this picture of Lily and sent it to us. Very nice of him especially since the camera bag we brought along didn't have my camera in it, then the video camera I got out to use had no battery. Good thing for nice people. It was a little cold, but not terribly - low 50's (Lily just likes wearing her hat all the time now). It warmed up on Sunday and was a beautiful day for us to visit the zoo. Yes, even the zoo is free here! And what a great zoo it is. We saw the infamous panda's and so many other things. We mostly enjoyed the apes complete with a baby ape with good viewing. Lily was great the entire time. She fell asleep on the way back to the car. I suppose maybe we wore her out. I will definitely post some zoo photos later in the week.

No comments: