Tuesday, January 23, 2018

GIA (Gemological Institute of America)

I bet you are wandering what the heck the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) is?  Well I did as well, but since I have a budding gemologist on my hands (yes, Lily claims she wants to be a chef and a gemologist at the same time), I decided to figure out whether we could get a tour.  Well they have a small museum, but come to find out you have to have a reserved spot for a tour.  Full on call, get a background check, etc.  But heck, it was easy enough and Lily and I had a great tour.  This place has some serious security though.  I guess it is not only a formal institution/college, but is also where they do a significant amount of gem grading.  Yep, think loads and loads of diamonds.  Lily learned all about the certification and degrees she could get in the future. 





No comments: