Sunday, April 27, 2014

UTAH Part 2

I shouldn't have left so much time between these points, I'm subject to forget everything that I did from last week. I could blame it on old age (yes, I'm almost 40 now), but I think since I'm a couple days shy... that wouldn't be fair now would it.

Back to our Utah trip, On Monday and Tuesday we enjoyed all that the Moab area had to offer.  Except some serious Jeep rides (it was Jeep week in Moab) which we decided probably wasn't for us after all.  We spent a lot of time riding around, snapping pictures and borrowing cactus.  Uncle Dave has a bit of a cactus fetish, so we were on the hunt for the greatest cactus we could find.

Chris and I were lucky enough one day to do a ranger guided walk through the Fiery Furnace in Arches National Park.  The reason you must have a ranger is that it is incredibly easy to get lost.  You can see some of the beautiful pictures below.









Here is the cactus we were hunting for some time.  We finally found it in the right size and with an easy getaway spot.

We also got to enjoy the amazing petroglyphs (Indian/Native American writing).  This batch was right off a fairly travelled road outside of Moab.  In fact, rock climbers climb just 100 ft or so away from this.  Interesting that it is not something that is preserved and just out there for all to enjoy.














No comments: