Saturday, November 9, 2013

Weekend #2 without dad

Last weekend I wasn't sure if I wore Lily out or she wore me out.  It was definitely a full weekend.  So, you think I would have learned and actually planned to do nothing this weekend.  Nope, not happening.  We decided to hit downtown and the museums on the National Mall.  Of course the day wouldn't be complete without taking the metro so we started with a quick and efficient metro ride into town.  Then we hit the Barnes and Noble for some hot chocolate and book look reading and look abouts.  Next we walked to this amazing french bakery (Paul) and I had a lovely chocolate croissant.  What a treat.  We sat out in the crisp sun eating a warm chocolate croissant.  I nearly felt like I was in Paris.  On our way to the National Mall, we motored through the Sculpture Garden with some crazy art.  Next up was the Museum of Natural History.  The line to get in was so long I thought it was going to be packed, but it really wasn't and we had a great time looking arounds, watching some of the educational shows, and seeing all the animals and dinosaurs.  Next up, we walked over to the National Gallery of Art.  If you haven't been... I highly recommend it... even just for the amazing architecture inside.  It is awe inspiring.  And the Monets are pretty cool as well.  Lily even recognized some of the Monet's that her teacher has posted in their art room.  Finally we had some good food and followed up with another efficient ride back on the metro.  What a fun day.

Lily enjoying her metro ride

Sculpture garden

Lily dancing with bronze neanderthals at the Museum of Natural History


View of the capital from the outside of the National Gallery of Art



No comments: